We have contracted Chartwells/Compass Catering to provide cooked meals on site daily. Two course meals using locally sourced ingredients are freshly cooked to order at our New Chapter school and delivered to us.
We operate the booking and payment of school meals through an online system. Please see below for further details.
Free school meals are available for families in receipt of income support.
Applying For Free School Meals:
If you receive any of the following support payments, your child may be entitled to receive free school meals:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance (NOT contribution based JSA)
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit with NO working tax credit and where the annual household income is less than £16190)
- Working Tax Credit Run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal credit (when introduced in MK)
- Children who receive a qualifying benefit in their own right are also allowed to receive free school meals.
Please contact the school office to find out if you qualify.
Even if your child is in years EYFS, 1 or 2 and receiving universal free school meals, or if you have applied before and do not think you are eligible. In doing so, you will help us to find out whether we can claim Pupil Premium for your child. This is additional funding to spend on resources such as extra staff, books or school trips for eligible children.
Packed lunches must be brought into school by your child at the start of the day in a suitable lunch box clearly labelled with your child’s name.
Please provide a soft drink or water in a plastic bottle (no fizzy drinks or glass bottles allowed). If you provide a yoghurt please include a spoon as we can only supply cutlery to children having hot school meals.
Children must not bring in chocolate bars or sweets (a chocolate biscuit is acceptable) and should be given a healthy sandwich and a piece of fruit or vegetable snack.
Chartwells/Compass Catering – For School Meal Provision
Online ordering has many benefits to you, enabling you to place an order using a smart laptop, tablet or computer. Some of the benefits are:-
- No more paper, meal orders getting mislaid
- Eliminate cheques, cash
- Reminders for orders will be sent
- Orders can be placed during holidays , just 1 full week in advance order
- Multiple week orders can be made
- Confirmation of orders
- Registration once
- Dedicated customer care call centre
Heronsgate School Meals Update for Parents 16/10/2020
We are very pleased to advise that we will be starting hot school meals again after the October ½ term on Monday 2nd November 2020. Please find attached the new Hot Menu from Chartwells which has now been loaded to parentpay and is also available on the school website.
All orders must be placed by no later than midnight on the Thursday of the week before you require them.
Chartwells can help you through the transition back to hot meals and answer any questions you may have. Please contact them on 01908 615705 should you need to.
Children having hot meals will eat them in the school hall at tables specifically for their class bubble only whilst also meeting social distancing guidelines. Packed lunches and cold meals ordered through Chartwells will still be eaten in the classrooms as previously.
A reminder from Chartwells of the process is below:-
Meals can be ordered by following these easy steps:
Login to your ParentPay account at www.parentpay.com
- Select the Make Bookings tab
- Ensure the booking type is Lunch time
- Select from the dropdown menu the week commencing date you would like to order meals, and press make selections
- Click on the menu option your child would like each day
- Press the orange confirm booking button and pay securely online
If your child is entitled to Free School Meals or Universal Infant Free School Meals, you just need to click save and select more to store your order.
Booked meals will be highlighted green in the booking screen.
If you need to pay for meals ParentPay will remind you to pay within two hours of booking.
All meals must be ordered including Free School Meals and Universal Infant Free School Meals.
Customer Care Line - 01908 615705