We have contracted Caterlink to provide cooked meals on site daily. Two course meals using locally sourced ingredients are freshly cooked to order in our new kitchen on site.
We operate the booking and payment of school meals through the ParentPay online system. Please see below for further details.
Free school meals are available for families in receipt of income support.
Applying For Free School Meals:
If you receive any of the following support payments, your child may be entitled to receive free school meals:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit Run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal credit if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get).
- Children who get paid these benefits directly, instead of through a parent or guardian, can also get free school meals.
If your child is eligible for free school meals, they'll remain eligible until they finish the phase of schooling (primary or secondary) they're in on 31 March 2022
Please follow the link below to see if you qualify:
Even if your child is in years EYFS, 1 or 2 and receiving universal free school meals, or if you have applied before and do not think you are eligible. In doing so, you will help us to find out whether we can claim Pupil Premium for your child. This is additional funding to spend on resources such as extra staff, books or school trips for eligible children.
Packed lunches must be brought into school by your child at the start of the day in a suitable lunch box clearly labelled with your child’s name.
Please provide a soft drink or water in a plastic bottle (no fizzy drinks or glass bottles allowed). If you provide a yoghurt please include a spoon as we can only supply cutlery to children having hot school meals.
Children must not bring in chocolate bars or sweets (a chocolate biscuit is acceptable) and should be given a healthy sandwich and a piece of fruit or vegetable snack.
Caterlink – For School Meal Provision
Online ordering has many benefits to you, enabling you to place an order using a smart laptop, tablet or computer. Some of the benefits are:-
- No more paper, meal orders getting mislaid
- Eliminate cheques, cash
- Reminders for orders will be sent
- Orders can be placed during holidays, just 1 full week in advance order
- Multiple week orders can be made
- Confirmation of orders
- Registration once
- Dedicated customer care call centre
All orders must be placed by no later than 6pm on the Thursday of the week before you require them.
Children having hot meals will eat them in the school hall at tables.
A reminder from Caterlink of the process is below:-
Meals can be ordered by following these easy steps:
Login to your ParentPay account at www.parentpay.com
- Select the Make Bookings tab
- Ensure the booking type is Lunch time
- Select from the dropdown menu the week commencing date you would like to order meals, and press make selections
- Click on the menu option your child would like each day
- Press the orange confirm booking button and pay securely online
If your child is entitled to Free School Meals you just need to click save and select more to store your order.
Booked meals will be highlighted green in the booking screen.
If you need to pay for meals ParentPay will remind you to pay within two hours of booking.
All meals must be ordered including those entitled to Free School Meals
If you wish to cancel any meals paid for please advise Caterlink at least 48 hours before in order to receive a refund.
Caterlink contact number - 07552 120834